Irene Melloncelli, Underwriting Manager at China Taiping Insurance (UK) Ltd has been selected for the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) flagship Talent Programme called: ‘New Generation Leaders 2017’.
Every year the Chartered Insurance Institute's (CII) chooses 10 future leaders candidates among insurance professionals across the United Kingdom who have made significant strides in their professional development, have clearly demonstrated a strong contribution to the team in which they work and showed the relevant professional qualifications, to take part in a special talent program and to benefit from increased exposure to market issues and take the opportunity to make their mark on their chosen profession.
The talent program includes:
1. A session in Parliament hosted by Craig Tracey MP, chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Insurance & Financial Services on understanding how to influence change.
2. A 'behind-closed doors' session with the Financial Conduct Authority.
3. Training on subjects such as leadership and handling the media. A full day of being interviewed on camera to learn essential presentation skills and to help understand how the media works.
4. A project about a relevant topic in the industry.
5. Several informal networking opportunities.