We make every effort to deliver a high quality service to our policyholders. If you have a complaint about our service, or about a claim, we operate a swift and effective complaints handling procedure.
1. Your complaint can be made orally or in writing, and on your behalf by a third party.
2. If you wish to make a complaint you should contact:
The Compliance Officer,
China Taiping Insurance (UK) Company Limited,
2 Finch Lane,
London EC3V 3NA.
Tele: 0207 839 1888 or Fax 0207 621 1202
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
3. Our Compliance Officer will acknowledge the complaint. We aim to resolve your concerns in three working days but if we are unable to do so we will confirm to you that we have received your complaint within five working days and advise you of the person who will be dealing with the complaint, and when you can expect to receive a detailed response. The person dealing with the complaint will be a senior member of staff who was not directly involved in the matter which is the subject of the complaint. They will have the authority and experience to adequately address the complaint and explain the results of the investigation.
4. If your complaint should be more appropriately dealt with by another firm, we will ensure it is referred to them as soon as practicable and certainly no later than five business days of becoming satisfied that another firm is or may be responsible for the matters complained of. We will make this referral to the other firm in writing and advise you by way of a final response that the referral has been made and include the other firm’s contact details.
5. Your complaint will be thoroughly investigated and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Within eight weeks we will provide a final response to your complaint in writing or, if it is not possible to respond within that time, we will inform you in writing within twenty business days, why we have been unable to resolve the complaint within that time, why we need more time to do so and when you can expect to receive our final response.
6. If we have not completed our investigation, within eight weeks after the complaint was made, we will write to you and explain why there is a further delay. We will also confirm when we expect to issue our final response and advise you that you may be eligible to refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, if you are dissatisfied with the delay. Their address is:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Harbour Exchange Square
London, E14 9SR
Tel: 0800 023 4 567 from Landlines or 0300 123 9 123 from Mobile phones
(If you are calling from outside of United Kingdom: 0044 20 7964 0500)
Fax: 020 7964 1001
7. Where you are eligible to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service you have this right to do so Free of Charge, but you must do so within six months of the date of our Final Response. If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if it believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.
8. The European Commission has an online dispute resolution service for consumers who have a complaint about a product or service bought online. If you choose to submit your complaint this way it will be forwarded to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Alternatively, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service directly. Visit https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.show&lng=EN to access the Online Dispute Resolution Service.
Please quote our e-mail address: email@example.com