(A)helping to deliver the team trading results through effective underwriting and trading of existing commercial business, and building dynamic underwriting relationships with brokers to assist in delivery of those results, which may include:
• Delivering planned financial results through the effective underwriting of existing cases/schemes.
• Demonstrating your contribution to loss ratio control by effectively adhering to branch UW controls
• Building effective trading relationships with Brokers through trading activity to be recognised as a positive trading partner, contributing to achievement of results.
• Identifying poorly performing accounts and investigating reasons for lack of retention and poor conversion. Discussing actions with Senior Underwriters, Team Trading Managers & Account Managers and implementing actions to increase retention.
• Contributing to the improvement of profitability by implementing actions agreed with brokers to improve account performance.
• Contributing to the development of colleagues by coaching and acting as a reference point to assist in decision making within empowerment, as appropriate.
• Producing timely and accurate analysis, report and other management information or documentation.
(B)(not for assistant underwriter) Assisting Management, Chief Underwriter and Department Manager for underwriting management, business development, training programmes, policy wordings, agency contract or other underwriting agreement drafting, which may include:
• Visiting and meeting our existing and potential trading partners and producing minutes of meeting or reports for the subjects or proposals
• Attending underwriting meetings and contributing to business development, underwriting procedures and improvement of performance
• Providing technical advice/support and trainings to colleagues within empowerment as appropriate or as required
• Helping to draft and review various policy wordings, agency contracts, business agreements, or other business documentation if required
• Helping to draft and review underwriting guide, rating structures, or other business terms and endorsements if required
• Liaising with external specialists including surveyors, loss adjusters, etc.
• Liaising with internal IT, claims, accounts and other departments
(C) Implement other tasks assigned by the company.
• At least five years (two years for AUW) or more of underwriting or insurance business development experience
• Ideally educated with a relevant degree
• Ideally have achieved relating CII qualifications or in the progress of achieving it
• Have great understanding of Financial Statements and Ratios
• Have good written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient with presentations and negotiations
• Willing to travel and meet with brokers and clients
• Have good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal departments including claims, finance, risk control, IT, etc.
• Good skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Outlook and Internet applications
If you are interested in applying for the role, or have any questions, please send your CV or your questions to HR@uk.cntaiping.com