Following the outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCov) in December 2019 in Wuhan and two confirmed cases in the UK in the end of January 2020, we have taken the below measures in order to monitor and prevent spreading of the 2019-nCoV in Taiping UK as per below:
1. HR has sent a preliminary information to all employees to raise awareness.
2. Employees who experience symptoms such as coughing, shortness of breath, fever and cold symptoms are asked to report to HR
3. Employees who have recently returned to the UK from China are strictly advised to:
• notify HR about the date of arrival in the UK.
• work from home for 14 days before returning to the office.
• monitor their symptoms and call the NHS helpline by calling 111 or their local GP if they develop any of the following symptoms – fever,
cough, runny nose, sore throat and difficulty breathing.
• call the NHS helpline 111, even if they do not have any symptoms of the virus, but have returned from/via Hubei Province in the last 14
4. Employees who are planning to travel to the regions of China that have been hit by an outbreak of the coronavirus are strictly asked to
cancel or postpone their trip, except any emergency cases which are still subject to approval by the management.
5. Any marketing activities and business trips should be cancelled or rescheduled to avoid the risk of infection.
6. If employees or any of their family members had contact with anyone who has recently been to China, they need to report to HR
7. The company has provided employees with alcohol-based hand sanitizers and distributed face masks for each staff and their family to
use in order to stay safe from the virus, as well as giving advice of other sorts and sharing links and news updates.